Friday, October 14, 2011

Oh, job applications

I just finished taking 2-hours-worth of assessments as part of my interview for Target's "business analyst intern" position that I am trying to get for next summer.   These assessments reminded me a little of psychology class -- I took a personality test; they were also a reminder of the ACT (high school!) because I took a 'numerical analysis' test and a reading test.   It's funny how we never get too old for tests.

I am reminded again of how competitive the business industry is, let alone any industry.  The fight for and the drive for success starts right here, right now.  It's so different to how it used to be; my dad talks about applying for college 3 months before it started, how he didn't pick his major until senior year, and how graduate school wasn't really expected.  Now these things have completely changed!

I feel as if I am in the midst of 'writing' the most important part of my life story during these next few years. What I do now will significantly impact what happens in my career, family, life in general.  As we read through different texts (Quicksand, Ragtime, etc) and we go through an entire story of a character, beginning to end, I find myself wondering what my story will turn out to be. What do I want my story to be?  What do I want my ending to be?

As for the present moment, I am off for a fall break of touring the midwest with Cantorei Choir!  WOOHOO

No comments:

Post a Comment