Monday, October 31, 2011

Winter?

The following is an article about the snow storm out East this past weekend:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/post/historic-october-northeast-storm-epic-incredible-downright-ridiculous/2011/10/31/gIQApy7LZM_blog.html


One of my older brothers is living in Washington D.C. and told me about all of the snow!  My other older brother, who lives in Boston with his wife and 3 little girls, told me he wasn't prepared at all.  It's funny for me to think about a state OTHER than Minnesota getting snow before us!  I also feel like we have been incredibly lucky with the warmth that we've had so far.  Most of the time we get snow before Halloween But not this year. Rumor has it though, that we will have snow within the next 2 weeks.  Don't know if I am excited or not!  Actually, once 102.9FM starts playing Christmas music on November 1, I would be happy to have snow.  I love the spirit of the holidays! We have started Christmas Fest music in choir too.

This past weekend I was worried about having snow because I played in an ultimate frisbee tournament down at Winona State University, called "Hallowinona".  We were lucky and did not get snow! I was yet again reminded of why I love it so much -- because of the team dynamics, being outside, and the honesty with which people play!

No comments:

Post a Comment